[Koha] AWS support in 3.04

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Dec 12 08:45:06 NZDT 2009

2009/12/12 Emrys Minnig <emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk>:
> I recently did a clean install of 3.0.4 on a new server and populated the database with a backup from an old server.  It was my understanding that Amazon Web Services were fixed in this version; however, the only Amazon info being shown are book covers in OPAC search results.  (No cover images on item detail pages, no reviews, nothing on the staff interface, etc.)
>
> I noticed in the 3.2 manual that there is a system preference to hold an AWS Secret Access Key which is required for full Amazon content. I do not see this system preference anywhere in 3.0.4.  Does this mean that full Amazon content is not possible in 3.0.4?  Or perhaps is my systempreferences table messed up?
>
> Thanks for any insight into this problem!

Hi Emrys

This was fixed in commit
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=commit;h=719280216fd85fc925611e533e28d944583e8afa

Which was in 3.0.4. So I suspect that by populating your database with
an old backup you have  wiped out the new syspref.

If you jump into mysql and the koha database and run
INSERT INTO `systempreferences`
(variable,value,explanation,options,type)
VALUES('AWSPrivateKey','','See:  http://aws.amazon.com','','free');

Then you should have the syspref available to be filled in.

Hope this helps

Chris