[Koha] upgrade 2.2.5 to 3.0.4 difficulties

mourik jan c heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Tue Dec 8 00:28:35 NZDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm having troubles upgrading our koha 2.2.5 to 3.0.4. I'll describe
what I have done so far, and really hope someone here can help me out.

So far I have:
- installed a new debian machine
- installed latest koha on it, nozebra.
Everything seems to work well so far.

Then, to migrate our database:
- create mysqldatadump on the old machine
- imported mysqldatadump on new machine, using a DIFFERENT databasename
- adjusted /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml to use the new database settings
- followed instructions from the wiki to upgrade from 22 to 30
(http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30) starting from "Koha datas to
update and/or add" (=the database upgrading)

Here I had to take all extra steps to succeed, such as:
Solving the " Multiple primary key defined" error, solving the "used
table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes", solving the "Duplicate
entry 'XXXX' for key 1".

I followed all instructions on the wiki to solve these issues.

However, my librarian noticed that we are missing certain data in out
database: the serial history and borrower history is not there.

So my questions:
- is there a better way to import the 2.2.5 data into 3.0.4, or is the
way I described above *the* way?

- is it possible to import the borrower / serials history as well?

- I had to take all possible extra wiki steps to solve errors I
encountered. Are there things I can do in my old (still running)
installation, so make the transition smoother..? (extra database checks?
add stuff to the database there, whatever..?)

Hope someone here has some ideas.

Kind regards, and thanks for taking the time to read this,

Mourik Jan