[Koha] error in Koha on debian] $ sudo cpan Algorithm::CheckDigits SMS::Send HTTP::OAI

Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] abhishek.amberkar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 22:17:51 NZDT 2009

2009/12/4 Nouman soomro <kohadebian at gmail.com>:

> Iam trying to install koha-3.00.04_fixed on debian-lenny. Im new user of
> linux. Iam getting error in following commands. plz help me.
>         $ sudo cpan Algorithm::CheckDigits SMS::Send HTTP::OAI

You can try following command if you are connected to internet.

# sudo aptitude install libalgorithm-checkdigits-perl libsms-send-perl

This will download and install the packages above except HTTP::OAI,
You will have to install HTTP::OAI with "sudo cpan" technique.

> (error is
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.18)
> Going to read /home/nouman/.cpan/Metadata
> Warning: Found only 0 objects in /home/nouman/.cpan/Metadata
> CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok (v5.813)
> CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.9711)
>
> I would like to connect to one of the following sites to get
> 'authors/01mailrc.txt.gz':
>
>  http://www.perl.org/CPAN/
>  ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/
>
> Is it OK to try to connect to the Internet? [yes])
> after clicking yes it failed to connect.)
>
>         /etc/perl/CPAN/Config.pm initialized.
> (error is permission denied, It does not work even in root)
>

>         $ perl Makefile.PL
> ( and Iam unable to give answers of all questions so should I keep default
> setting)

Default settings work most of the time. Just make sure you keep
"database connectivity information , such as database name, username ,
password" proper.

--
With Regards
Abhishek Amberkar