[Koha] Error: Wide character in null operation

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 05:11:10 NZST 2009

Dear Friends,

 We are now experimenting Malayalam language (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayalam_language) data entry with Koha for
public libraries in our area.

We configured unicode with MySQL and Apache ( with Debian Lenny) as per the
manual.

And we installed Malayalam fonts and enabled Malayalam in Debian Lenny.

 We encountered an error whie cataloguing, clicking on Save button on MARC
fields after adding book details in Malayalam language. Following is the
error message,

Koha error

The following fatal error has occurred:

Wide character in null operation at
/usr/share/perl5/MARC/Charset/Table.pm line 96.

   Apache

Server version: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) Server built: Mar 10 2009 18:09:05

Koha

3.00.02.012

Koha DB

3.0002012

MySQL

mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline
5.2

OS

Linux localhost 2.6.24-24-generic #1 SMP Wed Apr 15 15:54:25 UTC 2009 i686

Perl

5.008008

 We request your help to solve this problem.

With thanks,

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Asst. Librarian