[Koha] Problem adding book with non ascii characters in title

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Tue Aug 4 13:16:26 NZST 2009

Salvete!

>More specifically, what *encoding* of the characters have you tried?
Combining characters or composed?

>Users are typically confused to realize there are multiple encodings
for various characters, so it is probably
>worth your time to check by hex value or unicode number. In my
experience, combining characters are
>less reliably interpreted by Koha and Zebra than composed ones. Then
trying to use multiple combining
>characters *always* failed for me.

Is this a problem with a solution? It seems like a problem with a
difficult solution and not an unsolvable problem. It seems like a good
one to address slowly but surely, cause if we do it well, I can only
imagine that a lot of people would be happier for it.

Cheers,
Brooke