[Koha] [Info] What's going on at indexdata.com?

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Thu Sep 25 22:05:52 NZST 2008

Andrew Moore writes:
 > On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Mike Taylor <mike at indexdata.com> wrote:
 > > Hi, Andrew, thanks for sending this.  I'll try to apply something
 > > along these lines to the next ZOOM-Perl release.  But: why did you
 > > only make this patch for the two "packages" test-scripts?
 >
 > Hi Mike -
 >
 > For some reason, those were the only two that were failing for me.
 >
 > It appears to me that is the same situation reported by people such as
 > in this report: http://markmail.org/message/etddwauyslmebk72
 >
 > Actually, I didn't really really check the other test scripts for
 > instances of "test.indexdata.com". Now that I grep for it a bit, they
 > appear to be the only scripts that use it. Should some of the other
 > test scripts be connecting to a live server?
 >
 > Thanks for your attention to this. Please let me know if there is
 > anything more I can do to help you out.

OK, I see what's going on -- the "packages" scripts run against a
different server from the others, one where they have read-write
access, and that server's gone away.  So the correct thing to do is:

(A) Set up a new server that has that stuff on it.
(B) Change the ZOOM-Perl test-suite to use that server.
(C) Maybe ... modify the test-suite so that the absence of any server
	does not cripple it.

I'm on it.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Everything should be made as simple as possible ... and no
	 simpler" -- Albert Einstein.