[Koha] AOL users and koha logins?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Sep 25 00:50:52 NZST 2008

Rick Welykochy <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
>
> > Hi all - any AOL users logging into Koha OPACs out there?  Can you
> > help me, please?  I've a report from a borrower that "the site tells
> > me I am entering from a different IP address (whatever that means)
> > and require I re log in again each time i wish to access a different
> > part of the site"
>
> Give it up now, MJ!
> AOL *IS NOT THE INTERNET*
>
> I really hope this simpleadvice helps.

Yeah, I know.  My business is an agent for a proper telephone company
and internet service provider http://www.ttllp.co.uk/phone
but that does leave us open to all sorts of accusations if we simply
suggest switching away from AOL without checking to see if it's a
general problem with them.

I've asked that user to check that he/she's using a real web browser
(not the AOL desktop) and that it's set to "no proxy" but I know some
people post to this list from @aol.com so thought I'd ask here for
other experiences.

Regards,
--