[Koha] AOL users and koha logins?

Krishnan Mani krishnanm75 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 22:45:46 NZST 2008

Hi Ray,

i see this message often, but only when i am in the middle of doing stuff in Koha (on the staff client so far, and not in an OPAC login), and i happen to reboot my router or something else happens to drop my Internet connection.

In this case, when i click on the next link, Koha says my IP address has changed and i need to login again, though my session hasn't timed out yet. I am assuming that this because my internet provider uses DHCP to assign IP addresses to my router every time it connects. Usually addresses assigned via DHCP have a certain life (called a lease), and it is likely that your AOL user may be experiencing a change of their IP addresses.

Otherwise, i fail to see any other connection with AOL users and this problem in Koha. And i don't use AOL.

Thanks and regards,

krishnan mani

Pune, India