[Koha] Koha 3.0 Web installer problem

Andy Giesler agiesler at wisc.edu
Sat Sep 20 08:03:59 NZST 2008

Shri Ram,

Last week I went through a Koha 3 install on Ubuntu 8.04 and tried
"localhost:8080" with the same result -- "It Works!". Then I realized my
problem:

During the installation process I saw a message telling me that, since I
hadn't defined a name for the server, it would use 127.0.1.1 by default. I
glanced at that number too quickly and assumed it was localhost, aka
127.0.0.1. Using http://127.0.1.1:8080 and http://127.0.1.1:80 got me to the
right place.

I hope that'll work for you. In case not, if you haven't checked this
already, please confirm that Apache is listening on port 8080. The file
/etc/apache2/ports.conf should have this line:

Listen 8080

...Andy Giesler
University of Wisconsin-Madison