[Koha] questions concerning patron logins to OPAC

Krishnan Mani krishnanm75 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 18:48:23 NZST 2008

1) If i do not provide an OPAC login when adding a patron, i am assuming they cannot login.

Please view this question from the point of view: there is no security hole allowing someone to "login AS the patron"

2) Is there a way to disable a patron login to OPAC at any time? What happens if i edit the patron record and clear out the login name?

3) Is there a way for me to add a patron and defer creating their login till later?

4) Anytime i edit the OPAC login, does the e-mail notice with the login
and password information get sent automatically? Or is there a way i
can trigger them manually?

At our library, we will snail-mail a membership card and wait for patrons to acknowledge they received them and want an OPAC login before we create one for them.
We don't expect many people to use an OPAC login, but still want the other nice features for people who will.

Thanks and regards,

krishnan
Pune, India

      Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/