[Koha] importing sql dump from non-zebra Koha

Jesse Weaver jesse.weaver at liblime.com
Sun Oct 19 12:33:23 NZDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 3:39 PM, H.S. <hs.samix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am going to install Koha on a new server in the coming some days. The
> last installation does not have zebra installed.
>
> However, we would like to be able to search complex scripts (internation
> languages; titles and other data in unicode). I understand that for this
> to work zebra is necessary. Is this correct?

Yes. It _might_ be possible without Zebra, but Zebra will make it much
easier and give you a performance boost as well.

> And if do install zebra in the new installation, can I dump the database
> of older Koha installation and import that in to the new one safely?
> Recall that the older one does not have zebra installed and the newer
> one will.

Yes, this is perfectly safe. If the old server is v2.2.9, you'll need to
follow the upgrade path on the wiki, of course.

If they're both 3.0, however, all you need to do is enable Zebra in the
system preferences and use the rebuild_zebra tool to create the search

--
Jesse Weaver
Software Developer, LibLime