[Koha] GIS - Locational Data

gsl gsl at rollinghills.lib.mo.us
Wed Oct 1 07:19:07 NZDT 2008

I think this subject has been mentioned previously, but only briefly and
tangentially. With the understanding that I am not a librarian, is there
a generally accepted field in MARC where GIS (locational information)
can be placed? Perhaps the 856 field? In what ways (besides having that
field show up in an OPAC) does information here (or elsewhere) become
useful?

My general thought is that it might be nice to be able to have GIS info
show up "somewhere", and enable people to click on something to the
effect of "map it", and have that location show up on a Google map.

Thoughts/comments?

Greg Lawson
Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
1912 N. Belt Highway