[Koha] zebrasrv command not found, no results in search, patrons disappear

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 04:42:53 NZDT 2008

When I run:
debian:~# zebrasrv -c /root/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml
I get:
bash: zebrasrv: command not found
Do I have to set a path or something? Never had that before

I get no results whatever when I search for a book. The database is not empty, a select author, title from bilio shows everything is in there.
I have done a rebuild_zebra.pl

All my patrons are in the database, I can find them in the list by clicking on the letters, (browse by last name) but when I click on a particular patron it tells me "This patron does not exist.". That won't go over too well I think when I tell them they don't exist... lol

Any help, hints or ideas are appreciated because I am stuck...

Thanks, Marty