[Koha] Catalog search returns "No results found"

Melisa Canales mcanales29 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 08:08:34 NZDT 2008

Hello all,
I fixed my last problem and got a passing MARC Bibliographic framework test
by doing a query "select tagfield,tagsubfield,kohafield,tab from
marc_subfield_structure where tab=10" and removing any duplicate records.

I then ran rebuild_zebra again and got a warning "record didn't contain
match fields in (bibl,Local-number)".  I fixed this by making some changes
to the record.abs file at /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/.
Commented out the part about:

melm 999$c Local-number:n,Local-Number:w,Local-Number:s
melm 999$d biblioitemnumber:n, biblioitemnumber:w, biblioitemnumber:s

and added:
melm 090$c biblioitemnumber:n, biblioitemnumber:w, biblioitemnumber:s
melm 090$d Local-number:n,Local-Number:w,Local-Number:s
Then I restarted the zebra server and ran the rebuild_zebra.pl script.  I
looked at /var/log/koha/koha-zebradaemon-output.log and saw I had a
permission error.  So I went to the directory:
/var/lock/koha/zebradb/biblio/ and did $chown -R kohaadmin:koha * (as
suggested) and changed the ownership of the files from root to my user.

Now I am able to search for titles in the Intranet side.  Moving on to the
OPAC side - I am not able to search yet, but I'm working on it.

So that's what I did to fix some of my errors - in case anyone else runs
into the same situation.

- mc