[Koha] sound cues

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Nov 13 09:24:22 NZDT 2008

As a quick test I added this HTML to a test page:

<OBJECT data="error.wav" WIDTH="1" HEIGHT="1" TYPE="audio/x-wav"></OBJECT>

When I loaded the page in Firefox (3.0.3, PC), I was prompted to
install a missing plugin (Quicktime).
When I loaded the page in Internet Explorer (6, PC and 7, VirtualPC) I
was told that Internet Explorer had blocked the site from using
ActiveX in an unsafe manner. I'm not offered a way to enable it.
Only Opera played the wav file successfully.

When I tried it with an OGG file, Firefox again wanted me to install
Quicktime. Internet Explorer 6 and 7 prompted me to attempt to play
the file by launching the Windows Media Player application (which of
course failed to play the file).
Opera didn't play the file and didn't produce any errors or warnings.

Can anyone share some HTML+media that test more successfully?

  -- Owen