[Koha] sound cues

Mason James mason.loves.sushi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 14:46:12 NZDT 2008

On 2008/11/12, at 2:29 PM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Mason James wrote:
>
>> the embedded WAV tag is a simpler/cleaner/open-source solution
>> over  the SWF method
>
> I do believe .WAV is a microsoft proprietary format, but let's not
> split hairs :)
> We could go for a .OGG file if you want to keep things strictly
> open, but I doubt MS/InternetExplorer will be supporting that
> anytime soon.

yep, .ogg would be even better

my safari, FF3 and opera all work fine playing an ogg file

it looks like most modern browsers will play oggs
test here -> http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/listen.html

being uncompressed, wav could be a bad format for network performance,
i assume/hope the wavs are cached locally by the broswer, ?!

supported, compressed and FOSS makes ogg the perfect choice for me

Mason.