[Koha] sound cues

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Nov 12 14:29:26 NZDT 2008

Mason James wrote:

> the embedded WAV tag is a simpler/cleaner/open-source solution over
> the SWF method

I do believe .WAV is a microsoft proprietary format, but let's not
split hairs :)

<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000001.shtml>
mentions that there are no patent encumbrances with .WAV files.

We could go for a .OGG file if you want to keep things strictly
open, but I doubt MS/InternetExplorer will be supporting that
anytime soon.

Be aware that this format is uncompressed. A four minute song
would take about 35 MB to store in .WAV format.

For the purposes of an alert sound, I would like to know how
big the .WAV file will be. Any takers?

cheers
rickw