[Koha] Circ Checkout without Item Barcode?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jun 11 05:57:32 NZST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:04 AM,  <carpentercarselibrary at gmavt.net> wrote:
> Most of the members of our consortium will be migrating to K3 from Follett
> Circulation+.  When checking out or checking in an item, Follett gives you
> the ability to search quickly by title or other means, if the barcode for
> some reason is not available.
>
> It appears in K3 that the only way easily to check out/in an item is via
> the barcode.  Is this truly the case, or am I missing something?  Is there
> a module or add-on that might provide the capability?
Correct, the libraries that currently use Koha haven't needed to checkout
by anything other than a barcode, so that feature hasn't been added. I'm
sure if you wanted to sponsor it for a future version, it'd be a well-received
addition for some of the smaller koha users.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support