[Koha] Koha 3 beta install on openSUSE

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Thu Jun 5 21:22:53 NZST 2008

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008, Michael Lasater <mlasater at rollinghills.lib.mo.us>
wrote:

> Thank you Ricardo!

You're welcome!  :)

> I downloaded the CGI::Session module and manually installed it.
> It didn't initially work because I was missing CGI::Simple and
> FreezeThaw.  I installed both of these through cpan then
> reinstalled CGI::Session.

Interesting. I managed to avoid the problems with CGI::Session in a
recent Koha 3 snapshot installation in openSUSE 11 RC1 (Release
Candidate 1) by installing the CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml Perl
module (from CPAN) "instead" of installing CGI::Session (CGI::Session
also gets installed when installing CGI::Session::Serialize::yaml).

By reading my installation "logs", it seems that CGI::Simple and
FreezeThaw were never installed and Koha 3 seems to be working (at
least it reached the first step of the web installer). Oh well...
whatever works, right?  :)

> Then I hit refresh on my browser and the Koha install screen I was
> looking for appeared.

That's what matters!

> Thank you very much and thank you to everyone else on the list for
> their help also.

You're very welcome.  Thanks for reporting back your experience! :)

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net