[Koha] Bulkmarcimport.pl: importing new batch of records

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Jul 9 04:57:14 NZST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Tomasz Holdowanski
<mordazy at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> I`d like:
> -  reject biblios that already are in the DB and import item-specific
> fields only, connecting them to existing biblios;
> - import biblios that are not in the DB, along with items.
>
> In other words: I need to perform many partial imports and avoid biblio
> and item duplicates. Has anyone tried something like that? Is there any
> way to do it?

Very briefly (assuming you're using 3.0), you can using the staging
MARC import to do this.  The import is available from the Tools menu
or via the command-line jobs stage_biblios_file.pl and
commit_biblios_file.pl.  Prior to running the import, you should set
up a record matching rule via the Administration menu to match records
that should be overlaid.

Regards,

Galen
--