[Koha] Bulkmarcimport.pl: importing new batch of records

Tomasz Holdowanski mordazy at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Jul 9 03:14:33 NZST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have set up Koha for testing, however the database I have imported is
four months old. My colleagues complain about it and want me to add new
records from other library software for more thorough testing. I could
re-import the whole database, however it`s not a good solution in the
long run - we have another ILS that has to stay for a while, all
cataloging is done in that ILS and it has to stay that way for a year or
so. I can prepare a batch of new records for importing into Koha,
however don`t know if the bulkmarcimport script could do the job the way
I`d like:
-  reject biblios that already are in the DB and import item-specific
fields only, connecting them to existing biblios;
- import biblios that are not in the DB, along with items.

In other words: I need to perform many partial imports and avoid biblio
and item duplicates. Has anyone tried something like that? Is there any
way to do it?

Thanks for anyhelp!
Regards,
Tomasz.