[Koha] Re: Using Koha for photo archive

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Wed Jan 16 07:42:13 NZDT 2008

Doug Dearden <dearden at ...> writes:

> Galen Charlton <galen.charlton at ...> writes:
>

> > One approach would be to store your image files on your web server.
> > When you catalog each image, you can create an 856 field that links to
> > each version, e.g.,
> >
> > 856 $uhttp://yourwebserver.org/images/image-abc.jpg
> > 856 $uhttp://yourwebserver.org/images/image-abc.tiff
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Galen
>
> Hi Galen,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, a couple of other people emailed me with the same
> one.  I've been pulled off to another project for now but will try this after
> the new year and post my results.  This looks like the solution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug

I am having a problem getting this to work.  I have created a new subdirectory
named "images" under the /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs subdirectory.  I put an
image file in there - "ac18.jpg".  If I put
http://webserveraddress/images/ac18.jpg into a browser, up pops the image.  When
I put the same url - http:/webserveraddress/images/ac18.jpg into the 856u field,
what I see on the "8" tab of an opac lookup on the item is the http code - an
anchor "a" followed by href equals the address above in quotes then the address
without quotes.  I'm seeing the http code but it is not being rendered as a
clickable link on the page.

I've tried several variations - ../images/ac18.jpg for example, but to no avail.

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple here.  Looking at the source code
for the page, I see the less than and greater than symbols for the anchor being
listed as "&lt" and "&gt" instead of < and >.  I think that is why the browser
is not correctly interpreting the http.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug