[Koha] koha 3.0 alpha, Debian etch, apache2

Jim LaValle jimlavalle at comcast.net
Thu Feb 21 06:44:10 NZDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been trying to load koha 3.0, on Debian etch and apache2 and got to
step 6 in the install.debian instructions. I could not access the web
installer.

It turns out, I could not access any .pl files with a web browser! After
days of search and trying things, I added a cgi-bin directory to my
/home/*/public_html directory. I could execute .cgi files but not .pl files.

I added the following to my /etc/apache2/mods-available/perl.load file

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

now I can open my test .pl file in my browser.

Should something like this be added to /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf or am I
missing something else?

Jim LaValle
jimlavalle at comcast.net
http://www.rootsweb.com/~mncghs