[Koha] KUDOS IRC Meeting, Thursday Feb 14, 2008 @ 3pm EST

Deb Bergeron bergeron at macalester.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:05:56 NZDT 2008

> Good Afternoon Everyone!
>
> We will be meeting on the #Koha IRC channel, Thursday, February 14,
> 2008 at 3pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).
    If you want to know what time that is in your timezone go to
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
> There's no agenda, so what to expect:

    * A strong user's group can help the development of the product,
      attract more users and members, and help make the company
      supporting the product more productive and profitable--all good
      things for everyone.  So, the goal is to simply:
          o  Provide the opportunity for virtual meetings so many
            members can participate.
          o Share ideas, issues, and solutions in real-time.
          o I can share with you what's cookin' in Minnesota with Open
            Source.
          o Perhaps you are willing to share what's going on where you are?
          o Let the conversation flow.
          o I have one quasi-agenda item:  request an additional person
            to be the administrator of the KUDOS FaceBook Group.
    * Did you know KUDOS has the following communication tools are
      available:
          o Website: http://ccfls.org/kudos/ <http://ccfls.org/kudos/%20>
          o Listservs: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz ; kudos-list at ccfls.org ;
            koha-devel at nongnu.org
          o FaceBook: http://facebook.com
          o IRC Channel: #koha
    * That's it.  You have to provide the rest, with the following caveat--
          o Since John Brice is already working on the organization part
            of KUDOS at the PLA meeting, let's leave that to him.
          o John's agenda for PLA is currently:
                + An organizational meeting to discuss what type of
                  national organization to form the agenda will be as
                  follows:

                                                1.   How did we get
                  here? A short history
                                                   of Koha
                                                2.   Do we need a formal
                  users group for
                                                   Koha?
                                                3.   Develop a mission
                  statement.
                                                4.   What type of
                  structure do we need?
                                                5.   Form a committee of
                  three to write a
                                                   by-laws proposal.
                                                6.   Schedule next meeting.

> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  Otherwise
> I'll see you on the IRC!  I'm new to the IRC client so my nickname is
> either: Deb or Daberge02.
Deb