[Koha] Community Feedback

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Dec 19 09:31:51 NZDT 2008

> Very interesting analysis Paul. I wonder if it's possible to calculate
> the approx. number of lines of code contributed by people not
> obtaining a salary from either a library or a support organization
> supporting Koha. They'd be the true base of 'volunteers', since
> everyone else would represent people who were getting paid one way or
> another to work on the project, right? Probably a hard figure to come
> up with, but I suspect it'd be pretty low relative to the lines of
> code contributed by either librarian workers and support companies.

As i said in the reply to Paul, this would be really hard to come up
with. If I get paid for 20 hours work a week on koha, but do about 40,
plus the other 20 paid work. How do we split this up.

I think its important to remember that people can be both paid and
unpaid workers on Koha at the same time.
I havent been paid 1 cent since March this year for Koha work. Id like
to think I was still doing useful work for the community. Heck ive
even submitted a patch or 2 since then :-)

Chris