[Koha] Community Feedback

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Thu Dec 18 22:11:51 NZDT 2008

> 3.0 quite literally nearly bankrupted LibLime, I kid you not, and it
> was precisely because we spent so much energy making sure that 3.0 was
> truly stable, and accommodated as much as could be preserved from past
> versions. It's shocking to me that you're accusing us of the thing we
> worked so hard to prevent.

I'll add I can well believe this - being RM costs a lot for the
organisation doing it. The comments about things not being committed
back - from my POV anything not done by us would have been because we
ran out of resources to do it rather than any desire to hold some code
as "private".

How to maintain major bits of functionality that only a few orgs use is
a dilema - we ran out $$ to do it for both versions of acquisitions,
although now there may be more who want it, and some of the core stuff
has stabilised, so it is less of a moving target.

Cheers
Rachel