[Koha] Community Feedback

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Thu Dec 18 07:52:21 NZDT 2008

Brooke,

I take Koha as a gift. I test it and use the features that work.
I don't expect it to work perfectly, Koha or any other free software.
If Koha loose some important feature in the future, I will not
upgrade until I find someone who will fix it - that could be some
payed programmer, or someone who is doing it from hart.

It would never come to my mind to complain on the community list.
I feel welcomed here to ask for help. Being impatient doesn't help you,
and annoyance can seriously damage developer's motivation.

And about planing... I consider planning in free software more as
goals setting. Also it never came to my mind to complain about not
being on time. I can not make plans in my library depending on planed
feature of Koha. Again, if I need the feature and can not wait, I will
pay someone to do that.

For now we didn't have some extra development for Koha (just some minor,
very specific changes in templates), but we are implementing functions
step by step, so probably, I hope, in the future there could be some
code contribution.

Marijana