[Koha] GST and discount not calculating correctly when placing an order in 3.0 acquisitions.

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Dec 18 00:43:00 NZDT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:27 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:

>>> All the publicly released versions of Koha that I know about are up at:
>>>
>>> http://download.koha.org/
>>>
>>> So if someone wants to install an earlier version, they're all there.
>>>
>> That's not all of them, that was all the ones I had on my old HD,
>> there are 1.00 and 1.01 as well and a few more 1.2.x.
>> It's also missing a few 1.9.x releases too.
>> If someone really doesn't believe that the first release of Koha was
>> me tarring up the version that was in production in HLT and putting it
>> up on the web for people to download. Then so be it.
>>
>> Anyway its time for this thread to die, suffice to say HLT had
>> acquisitions they liked in 2000, 3.0 doesnt have those same abilities
>> (of course its better in many many other ways). So they would like
>> them back. Which will mean that sooner or later they will get added
>> back.
>>
>> Lets call it a day and move on eh?
> If we avoid confrontation and airing these issues publicly, how will
> we avoid them moving forward?
>
> I'd hate to see the same cycle repeating every few versions as it has
> done for the past 9 years, where HLT and similar customers run local
> versions of code, thinking that they're running publicly available
> versions and that others have broken the stuff they contributed, and
> then complaining about it and pointing the finger at the last RM
> (which in this case happens to be me).
>
> A better model is to contribute stuff in such a way that everyone can
> use it, not to silo stuff behind custom templates so that it only
> works if you're running non-contributed templates, and to constantly
> keep in sync with the community's latest version releases. Anyway,
> I've said it better in the other acq thread.

Ok since this thread won't die.
HLT ran koha 1.0 ... which had acquisitions working in a way they
liked. There were no custom templates,. there were no templates
period. There was no web based circulation, there was CDK based
circulation. Their next upgrade was to 1.2.4. This had the web based
circulation, the beginnings of MARC import, and acquisitions that
still worked towards in a way they want.
They held off upgrading to 2.0 and their next upgrade was to 2.2.9,
which no longer had working acquisitions.

In June of 2006 we endeavoured to commit all the fixes we made to make
acquisitions work again for them. Notably these commits here

http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=2ee33de5ef8ffe66a1871d06a22eace33b455bba
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad249c82d8743878846ca004c447a073bddb7075
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=48b5cebb0bddebb11a43b2999d2a3cee7ff6e395
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=16954a80eb499e3b34783253d403ebf0ed794f9e
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=4e8e426629c12a49b460439432f97230b1d1e7f5
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=0dd1e735fe8b31fc4ab8834ed952344af916e503
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=91a1e19c6cdee3cdb406ada0fb5bd02ffe2f7dec

Then in July
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=567c744d07d4de2700d64b14a82e93496d19c19d
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=b9b3ee16e1f217aefbd46d2ce3605edc11384fe7
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=3aad0103857860200fec4301689796ad612a6355
http://git.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=c2822e30ed5e53a618bb5dfa75f4937c5ef95102

At that point all the changes we had made for 2.2.9 to work the way it
is now for them still, should have been committed.

I have never pointed the finger at you Joshua, nor have I said that
the reason acquisitions arent working the way HLT expect in 3.0 is due
to your work as RM.

Id appreciate if you would step back and stop HLT (the reason Koha
exists) feel like they have done something wrong.

Chris