[Koha] GST and discount not calculating correctly when placing an order in 3.0 acquisitions.

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Dec 17 11:02:32 NZDT 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
>> Hi Joann,
>>
>> I can see you've taken offense at my comments, which was not my
>> intention. What I meant to explain is that while you certainly may
>> have an excellent acquisitions system that's been in use for over 8
>> years at HLT, we've never seen it ... it's never worked properly as
>> contributed to the community. Whether this is as a result of custom
>> templates, or custom code that was never contributed, i can't say as I
>> don't have a way to review your installation ...
>>
>> I don't think it's a matter of someone rewriting or removing your
>> acquisitions system from the release ... it was never in there to
>> begin with.
>>
> Heh now you are running the risk of offending me.
Offense is not my goal, I'm just being honest and pointing out the
facts: HLT's localized Koha installations, presumably post 1.0
release, contain functionality that wasn't contributed in a working
form to the Koha project.

> Everything, every single thing that was in koha 1.0 was released ,
> including the acquisitions system.
> The whole thing was one big tarball, there was nothing that was in 1.0
> that wasnt released.
>
> Things may have slipped out, or not been updated when things were
> changed in the multitude of releases and commits since then. But there
> was nothing that hlt had (remember templates werent even used in 1.0
> it was perl and html files) for 1.0 that wasn't committed.
I wasn't around for 1.0, so I can't comment on whether HLT's code was
perfectly in sync with 1.0. But come to think of it, I tend to believe
you. I've even seen code in Koha that contained HLT-specific strings,
so I don't doubt that at one point 9 years ago when Koha was first
released, HLT was running on THE release ... 1.0. Inspecting the Git
repo a bit even turns up some HLT-specific stuff still hanging around:

C4/Print.pm line 101:
print PRINTER "Horowhenua Library Trust\r\n";

C4/Circulation.pm line 801:
if ( C4::Context->preference("LibraryName") eq "Horowhenua Library Trust" ) {

Presumably, Context works a bit differently if your LibraryName is set
to the string "Horowhenua Library Trust".

However, I don't think you're arguing that 1.0 acquisitions was
working, at least I hope you're not. HLT's current Acquisitions has a
ton more functionality than it did 9 years ago, right? How about bug
fixes? Where are those additional functions and bug fixes?

All I'm saying is that since 1.0, when presumably HLT and the 1.0
release were in sync, there's never been a release of Koha that
incorporated a working HLT-style acquisitions system.

Last I checked, HLT runs on a modified Version 2.2 Koha. In order to
do that upgrade, HLT had to port their local changes forward into 2.2
... but, those changes weren't ported forward and contributed in a
working form to the community. Like I said, without further
investigation, I can't comment on whether it's code or templates that
are locally modified on HLT's system and remain un-contributed, but
there are clearly differences between Koha 2.2 Acquisitions, and HLT
2.2 Acquisitions.

Hope that explains what I'm saying ... and again, my intention here is
not to offend anyone.

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support