[Koha] report generation-Till Reconciliation for each branchlibraries

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:22:58 NZDT 2008

Joann --

Chris and Mason are still active developers here in the community and their
code is certainly the basis of fines operation, for example in
C4/Accounts.pm and members/pay.pl.  I don't think Chris, who has already
commented in this thread, would withhold mentioning or contributing better
code if he had written it for any version.

That being said, I think both of them would also agree that the existing
implementation is inadequate.  For example pay.pl dates all the way back to
2000!  Transaction types are hardcoded, so the user cannot create new ones.
Unlike the issues table, the accountlines table is never purged or rotated,
so performance will inevitably degrade if used over time.  The accountlines
data structure lacks capacity to record the operator (who received the
money) and the branch (where the money is).  All that (and more) needs to
change.

You are welcome to file bugs against any version of koha at
http://bugs.koha.org.  But I think we are talking about essentially the same
code.

--Joe Atzberger