[Koha] Questions - again

reapsmoor at gmail.com reapsmoor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 00:27:58 NZDT 2008

Obviously accidentally pressing send before completing the email is
something I'm also going to have to learn about - apologies!

Questions:

When cataloguing, if I want to enter an author (using z3950) whose name has
a foreign character, for example, an umlaut, the page freezes and I lose the
entry.  How do I avoid this - what am I doing wrong?  How do I edit the
author field anyway?

By far the majority of my cataloguing is original, records aren't in other
libraries elsewhere.  Is there a quick and easy way of doing this?  It all
seems so long winded at the moment, it's enough to make me wish for
old-style catalogue cards, at least I could quickly and easily enter data
onto those!!!  (No not really!)  Is anyone else doing manual cataloguing and
would like to share thoughts and best practice?

What's the best way to enter journal runs?  I don't want to check them in,
I'm talking about a run of journals that are no longer published, entering
them as one item but showing which issues we have, and any indexes etc.

.....there will be more!!

Thanks

Jan