[Koha] Vendor Question

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Apr 10 23:44:52 NZST 2008

MJ Ray wrote:

> Wow.  Maybe it didn't translate to en_US or something.  I really don't
> see how it's offensive to question whether sending proprietary binary
> files to our list is appropriate behaviour.

It isn't. And it isn't.

Sad thing is, a little something called netiquette is not being
taught, absorbed or practiced much anymore.

I'm on a lot of discussion lists. Most of them do not allow
any attachments at all, for very good reasons. If one does not
understand the reasons, one should educate oneself before
joining the list. It's called cultural awareness. Heck, some lists
I'm on don't even allow HTML emails. Good thing, too.

As for what sparked this divergence in the first place, I believe
it was a bit of personal corporate promotion. That is not
appropriate on a list such as this, IMHO.

If one wishes to promote oneself, do it offlist. Onlist one
might be thought of as spamming.

cheers
rickw