[Koha] Vendor Question

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Apr 10 23:20:22 NZST 2008

"Joshua Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:25 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> >  So if someone emails me and dozens (hundreds?) of others a large
> >  unsolicited binary file, we shouldn't challenge that in public in
> >  pretty strong terms?  That seems nuts.
> Well, we can certainly take a vote on-list, I personally found your response
> much more offensive than the PDF file.

Wow.  Maybe it didn't translate to en_US or something.  I really don't
see how it's offensive to question whether sending proprietary binary
files to our list is appropriate behaviour.

> >  Or would you rather LinuxBox had work instead of koha-devel members
> >  for some reason?
> I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure LinuxBox has contributed to Koha in the
> past ... feel free to correct me if I"m wrong. [...]

How about checking one's own facts before posting?  I can find
LinuxBox getting a public welcome in a Koha newsletter late 2005, in a
way I don't think BibLibre or TTLLP ever have, but not much else.
According to the revision log, they've never been listed on
www.koha.org/support/pay.html

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)