[Koha] koha upgrade 1.2.2 to 2.2.9...

Steve Bradwell sbradwell at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Apr 3 06:43:18 NZDT 2008

Greetings,

First post...we've been running koha for a number of years, we are at
version 1.2.2. Different developers have done some hacking to it over
the years, but now I'd like to try to get us to 2.2.9.

My guess is the easiest way is to upgrade at this point is a fresh
install, then look to migrate data? I read a post from a while back
about moving from 1.2.x to 2.0 using an upgrade script, would this work
still for us as we are so far behind?

We've been digging for a way to export all the data so it can be
imported into a new system and after some effort aren't exactly sure how
to proceed. Our database contains about 1500 - 2000 books, and only 60%
of them have data in the `marc` field...

We'd really appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thanks,

Steve Bradwell

Application Development Manager

Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
<http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/>

(519) 569-7600 x5062.