[Koha] koha 2.2.9: not available from inernet on its port

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:17:17 NZST 2007

The Apache "Redirect" command is used to generate an error message to the
browser, in this case type 301 (permanent redirect).  Unlike "Alias" and
other commands, the address supplied as an argument to "Redirect" should be
a full URL-path valid from the point of view of the client browser, which
means it should resolve via DNS.

So you probably want something like

Redirect permanent index.html
http://audioserver.mydomain.com:8001/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl<http://audioserver:8001/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl>

The reason you can access from inside your own LAN is because your local DNS
requests happen to append your domain automatically.  Of course browsers in
the outside world don't have that critical piece of info.

--joe atzberger