[Koha] Question about Amazon content

Joshua Ferraro joshua.ferraro at liblime.com
Tue Nov 27 01:08:57 NZDT 2007

Hi Dwayne,

Great to meet you, and welcome to the community. Out of curiosity,
which libraries
are you running Koha for? Now to your question:

On 11/25/07, Dwayne Collins <dcollins at prcsa.ca> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I'm running Koha for a small collective of libraries and I'm considering
> turning on the Amazon content. Most of our users are likely to want to
> use Amazon.ca rather than Amazon.com and I'm wondering if anyone knows
> if we can use an Amazon.ca associate ID or does Koha only connect with
> amazon.com (therefore needing to use the amazon.com associate programme)?
At the moment, this feature is hard-coded to use amazon.com, and for
the more advanced content (such as descriptions, reviews, ratings, you'll
need to sign up with amazon's associate and developers programs (check
the links in the system preferences). I'm not sure if Amazon.ca offers a similar
service, if it does, let me know and I'd be happy to show you what you'd need
to change to enable it. I'd also be happy to add an option for which TLD
of amazon to use for an upcoming version of Koha.

Cheers,