[Koha] Koha frameworks internationalisation

Thomas Dukleth kohalist at agogme.com
Mon Nov 26 21:47:59 NZDT 2007

Do you use MARC 21 in a language other than English?  Do you use UNIMARC
in a language other than French or English?  Do you use a MARC variant
other than MARC 21 or UNIMARC?

If you have any language specific or MARC variant specific Koha frameworks
for sharing, please contact me on or off the list.  LibLime has asked me
to prepare whatever MARC frameworks I can obtain for use in the
forthcoming version of Koha 3.0.  Share yours so that others do not need
to do redundant work.

[MARC frameworks are either bibliographic or authorities frameworks and go
by various names in Koha depending upon how you access them.  In the
system administration intranet interface, they are identified as Biblio
framework (MARC structure) for bibliographic frameworks or Thesaurus
structure for authorities.  In the installation directories, they have
names such as structure_def.sql for bibliographic frameworks or
authorities_normal_marc.sql for authorities.]

I will supply very simple instructions for exporting your frameworks from
your SQL database if you need such assistance.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D
New York, NY  10003