[Koha] use CGI::Carp to catch all perl errors [was: koha on debian etch 4.0]

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Mon Nov 19 21:29:21 NZDT 2007

hf a écrit :
> Dear Beda,
> i just stumbled upon your problem searching for a solution for my problem:
> i can't add any biblio at all, since all submissions end up in a APACHE
> "Error message: Premature end of script headers: addbiblio.pl",
> with the following details found in APACHE-log:
>
> Q2 : select distinct m1.bibid from biblio,biblioitems,marc_biblio,marc_word
> as m1,marc_word as m2
> where biblio.biblionumber=marc_biblio.biblionumber and
> biblio.biblionumber=biblioitems.biblionumber
> and m1.bibid=marc_biblio.bibid
> and (m1.bibid=m2.bibid)
> and ((m1.word  like 'title'
> and m1.tagsubfield in ('245a'))
> and (m2.word like 'test'
> and m2.tagsubfield in('245a')))
> order by biblio.title ASC term
> is  title test 2
> at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 274.
> Arguments must be MARC::Field object at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 1440
>

> (please see my bugzilla bugrequest 1595 for additional details).
>
> ... which is obviously a very related problem?
>
> Since i'm all new to the librarian's field of handling MARC-records i still
> have the suspicion to simply enter information against the odds?
> I started by filling a form for adding a new biblio (simple) into a
> Koha-installation, which is configured right out of the box (painstakingly
> following all guidance which can be found on the net).
> I ended up failing to get the MARC-Field 040 updated, since the
> mandatory-checker refused to recognize i already entered a value.
> As a workaround i decided to simple deactivate the "mandatory"-flag in
> MARC-Field 040 to pass that problem by, filled all other mandatory forms,
> but still get the aforementioned error.
>
> If you are still tackling this problem (which i hope), any hint would very
> much be appreciated, since for me this problem will definitely stop the
> entire project, which really would be a pity.
> In hope
>
> Hilmar

Hi,
at first glance, it seems it is a problem related to mysql and Koha.
Koha 2.2.9 should be able to tackle with mysql5
but previous versions cannot. And this query you show up cannot be
processed by mysql5.

So if you have mysql5 and you want to install Koha, consider upgrading
to the latest 2_2 version.

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT