[Koha] use CGI::Carp to catch all perl errors [was: koha on debian etch 4.0]

hf hilmarfrank at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 01:51:14 NZDT 2007

Dear Beda,
i just stumbled upon your problem searching for a solution for my problem:
i can't add any biblio at all, since all submissions end up in a APACHE
"Error message: Premature end of script headers: addbiblio.pl",
with the following details found in APACHE-log:

Q2 : select distinct m1.bibid from biblio,biblioitems,marc_biblio,marc_word
as m1,marc_word as m2
where biblio.biblionumber=marc_biblio.biblionumber and
biblio.biblionumber=biblioitems.biblionumber
and m1.bibid=marc_biblio.bibid
and (m1.bibid=m2.bibid)
and ((m1.word  like 'title'
and m1.tagsubfield in ('245a'))
and (m2.word like 'test'
and m2.tagsubfield in('245a')))
order by biblio.title ASC term
is  title test 2
at /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm line 274.
Arguments must be MARC::Field object at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 1440

(please see my bugzilla bugrequest 1595 for additional details).

... which is obviously a very related problem?

Since i'm all new to the librarian's field of handling MARC-records i still
have the suspicion to simply enter information against the odds?
I started by filling a form for adding a new biblio (simple) into a
Koha-installation, which is configured right out of the box (painstakingly
following all guidance which can be found on the net).
I ended up failing to get the MARC-Field 040 updated, since the
mandatory-checker refused to recognize i already entered a value.
As a workaround i decided to simple deactivate the "mandatory"-flag in
MARC-Field 040 to pass that problem by, filled all other mandatory forms,
but still get the aforementioned error.

If you are still tackling this problem (which i hope), any hint would very
much be appreciated, since for me this problem will definitely stop the
entire project, which really would be a pity.
In hope

Hilmar