[Koha] Hi! I'm a new member

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Sun May 27 14:30:13 NZST 2007

Hi all,

I am a researcher in Computer Science Theory / Logic at the Chennai
Mathematical Institute, Chennai, India. We are a research-cum-
teaching institute with around 100 students. We are upgrading our
library now. As part of which, we have installed Koha 2.2.9, a couple
of days back. We will test it for about two weeks and then put it in
production. We have a staff of two in the library who are willing to
deal with new software but who might be intimidated by a slew of
customization options and manual setting of parameters. One or two
people from the CS group are around to help, when we find time. We
also have a student who is a Unix god.

My question to the people on this list is: where do we go from here?
I saw the Users Guide and went through the guide for newbies. Is
there any other material I can access about more recent versions of
Koha? As experienced users, can you tell us what we should look out
for and take care of in our early days with Koha?

Thank you for your time and patience. I look forward to a useful and
productive time on this list, learning a lot from you.

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh
Chennai Mathematical Institute
India

PS: Is anyone from India in this mailing list? Are you aware of any
other Indian deployments of Koha?