[Koha] Re: Koha Virtual Appliance

Darrell Ulm drdrulm at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 04:37:26 NZST 2007

Piet Slaghekke <pslaghekke at ...> writes:

Piet,

Greetings. A few months ago I installed Koha 2.2.8 in VMWARE which can be run on
Linux using the free VM-WARE server or some versions of Windows. The install
included other software not required for Koha so it is not a clean install.
Still, everything works fine.

You would still need to setup parameters and Marc settings yourself, although
with some effort it is not too complicated.

When I get a chance I will complete a minimal VM-WARE install of version 2.2.9
running on Debian Sarge. Also, thanks for the link to rBuilder as I have not
seen this before.

For VM-Ware use you will need a fairly fast computer and should not run any
other VMs on that hardware. But this is more an issue after the install is
complete.   :)

Cheers,

Darrell Ulm