[Koha] Eliminating "Reserve Fee Charge of $1.00" Notice to Borrower

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Wed May 16 20:32:22 NZST 2007

On 16/05/2007, at 7:49 PM, Kevin O'Rourke wrote:

> Chartrand, Michael wrote:
>> I have an additional question for the list:
>>
>> How does one eliminate this message to the borrower when they
>> place a reserve?  We don't charge and I can't seem to find where
>> or how to eliminate this phrase.  Searched all of Koha's files for
>> it--to no avail
>>
>> Note there will be a reserve charge of $1.00
> I've encountered this problem as well, but nobody on the list seems
> to know how to fix it.  This mailing list seems to be lacking in
> people who know about the internals of Koha.  I've had lots of help
> on library topics (the complexities of MARC for example) but very
> little on anything that involves Koha's innards.

Hi all

There are quite a few of us who know the innards on the list,
unfortunately most of us dont have the time available to answer
questions, so we answer them when we can.

One place to catch the developers is on irc, or filing a bug in
bugs.koha.org

The problem is in opac-reserve.pl line 203
$fee = 1;

You can make that $fee = 0;

That will turn it off, it'll be fixed to use a system preference, or
the CalcReserveFee subroutine for the next release.

Chris

Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131