[Koha] Fw: From CDS/ISIS to Koha

Radoslav Kolev radoslav at kolev.info
Sat Mar 31 01:54:24 NZST 2007

Hi, Denica!

On 3/30/07, Danica Zendulková <zendulkova at cvtisr.sk> wrote:

>  Hello,
> has had anybody an experience with conversion from CDS/ISIS database to
> Koha?
> We have following problem: import from iso2709 from WinISIS doesn't made
> correct records. Number of imported records is correct but differents fields
> are not recognized correctly. I.e. first numbers of  iso record:
> 008620000000002650004500003000500... etc are considered as field. It is
> possible that Koha does not recognize ^ indicator of subfield when CDS/ISIS
> database is made on Windows? Our Koha runs on Linux.
> Please help!
> Regards

Yes, ^ is not a valid subfield indicator as per ISO2709.  By default the
export in not quite standard. When exporting the data from WinISIS you have
to make sure it is not limited to 80 chars per line (there should be no
CR/LF characters which are not part of a field value ) and has the proper
record terminator, field terminator and subfield delimiter. The expected
values are RT - ASCII code 29 (hex = 0x1D), FT - 30 (hex=0x1E), SD - 31
(hex=0x1F).

For more info see http://malete.org/Doc/IIF section "*creating proper IIF
from WinIsis".

*Best regards,