[Koha] vmware appliance with debian - Licencing

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 23:47:00 NZST 2007

As far as I know, vmware images are fully distributable. I have seen many
pre-rolled linux distributions available for download to use with the free
vm-ware player, as the fre vm-ware player is incapable of creating images.
For that, one needs the commercial version of vmware. Google 'debian vmware
images' and you'll find tons of links.

Kyle

On 3/22/07, Darrell Ulm <drdrulm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just took 30 minutes to install koha2.2.8
> (non-Zebra) onto a Debian Sarge VM-Ware Image.
>
> I am guessing there is something in the licensing that
> says this image is or is not re-distributable.
>
> It could be useful for many people to start Koha
> running with a clean install using a VMWARE image.
> Since vmware.com allows free (not open) use of
> vmplayer, this could be a way to distribute koha.
>
> Has anyone done this yet, and if not, can I put this
> out there?
>
> We exist now,  (a new line for sincerely)
> Darrell Ulm

> |  D. R. Ulm
> |  (330)-688-3295 ext. 228
> |  Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
> |  3512 Darrow Rd.
> |  Stow, Ohio 44224

IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System