[Koha] Character set testing

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jun 28 23:57:37 NZST 2007

Hiya Mike,

----- "Mike Dalgity" <dalgity at htl.net> wrote:
> I've just converted my Koha install to use UTF-8.  With so many pieces
> of the puzzle needing to be properly configured (MySQL, Apache, Koha,
> web browser, etc) I'd like a way to test that things are working properly.
>  I could use some suggestions for some basic tests.
Sure ...

> I currently don't have any records requiring UTF-8.  Can someone send
> me a test marc21 file I could try importing with bulkmarcimport (which I
> haven't used yet) and make sure it displays properly.
Here's a turkish one you can try out:

http://kados.org/stuff/turkish.iso2709

Keep in mind that bulkmarcimport wasn't really ever meant to work out of
the box, expect to spend some time understanding the code and customizing
it to meet your needs. Think of it as an example of how to import records
into Koha :-)

> Pretty much all my
> records come from Z3950 searches so I should probably check that too.  Can
> someone point me to a Z3950 Server and record that also has a web interface so
> I can compare the records imported?
The Library of Congress has a web gateway: http://catalog.loc.gov/

Cheers,