[Koha] First steps

Phil Pope ppope at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jun 12 08:14:00 NZST 2007

 Hi Richard,

I am running koha successfully on a windows box on an old AMD K6 machine. I
have installed
Koha 2.2.7
Apache V2.0.59
MySQL V4.0.25
Perl V5.8.8.819
Yaz V2.1.44
And because the standard MySQL admin package for windows tested my patience
to the limit, I also installed SQLyog522 so I could change the admin
password with out getting the dreaded 500 error from apache.

The system is up and working over my intranet, but I am still having issues
with getting barcode printing and Z39.50 searches to work.

Also up until last night, I had the Opac available using dynamic dns, but in
a spirit of investigation and idle curiostity I tried to wrap a website
around the Opac with netobjects fusion.  It works on my home network, but I
can no longer access it over the internet.  Probably need to tweak something
in the http.conf file for apache.

Anyway, the above packages will get the system up and running out of the
box.  If you have trouble locating them, let me know I will see if I can
find the links I used to download them.

Good luck.
Phil