[Koha] Newbie with lots o' questions

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Sat Jul 14 02:22:00 NZST 2007

> - Finally, although I downloaded the latest version of Koha I could find
> (2.2.9), I hear phrases dropped like "dev_week" or "Koha 3" that make me
> wonder if there's a newer, better version of Koha I can get...?

The Nelsonville Public Library, where the npl templates originated, is
using an odd branch of Koha referred to as "dev_week." It's an amalgam of
the old 2.0 branch and the new Zebra-based searching that will be in 3.0.
dev_week is a dead-end, because all the current development work is being
done on 3.0. 3.0 is still under development, so it's probably not what you
want to start with.

> the Nelsonville Public Library website
> (http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/) looks much nicer than my Koha
> test
> site, even with my using the "npl" templates.  Is that sort of look/feel
> only available with a commercial Koha product, or can I download
> something
> that will give me a similarly pretty site?

That template was developed specifically for dev_week, but could be adapted
for use with 2.2.9. In fact I'd like to do so myself, but haven't had time.
If you grab dev_week from CVS you'll find those
templates are included.

  -- Owen

  --
  Web Developer