[Koha] Cleaning characters from isbn data

Noth rossdawson at msn.com
Wed Jan 31 19:33:22 NZDT 2007

Hi All,
I've imported my data using bulkmarcimport.pl and it looks as though the old
system/librarian has added some garbage characters to the end of the isbn
number.  Nothing too serious but it means that the majority of the book
searches fail.

An example of a isbn:  0-958760-497 (pbk.-)

Unfortunatly the characters arent all the same so a simple find and replace
on the 4000+ records isn't going to do the trick.

Its obvious that Koha already does some conversion on the isbn (since the
"-" symbols weren't in there before) and I'm wondering where it does this,
so that I can add some code to clean garbage characters (i'm thinking that
removal of characters after a space is detected should do the trick) or if
anyone has done something like this before?

Great system by the way.

Cheers,
Noth