[Koha] Own Currency Symbol instead of $ in Koha

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sun Feb 18 11:59:13 NZDT 2007

Al Calame wrote:
> Greetings!
>    Actually, a number of years ago, in the North American community, we
> decided to display currency using the ISO currency codes. (You can find
> them on the Library of Congress web page in the area that has details of
> MARC 21 formats, Geographic codes, etc.  It was precisely because there
> are only a few currencies that have a symbol that can be displayed.
> Hence, usd for United States dollar, cad for Canadian dollar, gbp for
> Great Britain pound, etc. If you are indicating a price, for example one
> of the standard locations is 852$9 and there just enter the decimal
> amount followed by the ISO code for your own currency. Calculations with
> that information might be a little tricky, but the programmers should be
> able to come up with a solution for that.

Hi All

Currently the way to do it is to edit the templates, the currency symbol
is in the HTML. To do what Al is suggesting shouldnt be to hard, the
templates would need to be edited so that they are passed through a
currency symbol.
But for now, the easiest was is to just edit the templates, changing the
$ to whatever you wish.

Chris