[Koha] Koha mysql error

Dennis B. Mendiola dennis.mendiola at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:53:04 NZST 2007

I need help.  I believe, anyone here could be my savior.  I installed
Koha 2.2.8 on a Fedora Core 5 with Apache 2.2.4, MySQL 5.0.37.

In the Perl Modules, I got this message in red:

PERL MODULES

Checking perl modules ...

Subroutine PDF::API2::Resource::Font::Postscript::O_RDONLY redefined
at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.

 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/PDF/API2/Resource/Font/Postscript.pm line 46

The installation proceeded but when I got to the database portion,
here's what I got:

 CREATING DATABASE

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost'
(using password: YES)

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied
for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.
Problem updating database...

I logged in as root to the mysql server, and then repeated the
process.  Here's what I got:

ROOT USER PASSWORD

To create the koha database, please enter your mysql server's root
user password:

Password:

 CREATING DATABASE

Creating the MySQL database for Koha.../usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin:

CREATE DATABASE failed; error: 'Can't create database 'Koha'; database exists'

 ERROR CREATING DATABASE

Couldn't connect to the MySQL server for the reason given above. This
is a serious problem, the database will not get installed.

Press <ENTER> to continue:

DBI connect('Koha:localhost','kohaadmin',...) failed: Access denied
for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 411

Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 1553.

Problem updating database...

What's the problem here?  I used the same root password for mysql.

I'd appreciate anybody's help.

Thanks so much.

--
Dennis B. Mendiola